Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home/africanaffair/public_html/common/cat-subnav.php on line 19
Subscribe to Our Mailing List
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions...
Online shopping at www.africanaffair.biz is a convenient way of browsing our product range and placing orders. We sincerely hope that this site provides you with the functionality and ease of use that you would expect.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of this site or experience any problems with this site please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to resolve your problem.
ACCESSING ANY PAGES ON THIS WEBSITE IMPLIES THAT YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
African Affair provide their services to you subject to the following conditions.
your use of this site indicates your acceptance of these terms and your agreement to follow and be bound by them.
you may only use this website for lawful purposes and you warrant that you will not, other than for your personal and non-commercial use, store on your computer, or print copies of extracts from this website.
you may not, other than for your personal and non-commercial use, "mirror" or cache information provided via this website on your own server, or copy, adapt, modify or re-use the text or graphics from this website without prior written permission from African Affair.
these terms and conditions may change
We may periodically change the terms and conditions of use of this website without notice, so kindly check them from time to time as your continued use of the site signifies your acceptance of any changed terms.
The content on this website, including all of the page headers, Images, illustrations, graphics, audio clips, video clips and text are subject to trademark, service mark, trade dress, copyright and/or other intellectual property rights or licenses held by African Affair and protected by South African and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Isigidi Trading 337 CC t/a African Affair (‘African Affair’) and protected by South African and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of African Affair or its software suppliers and protected by South African and international copyright laws. African Affair grants you permission to view electronically, copy and print in hard copy portions of the site for the sole purpose of browsing the site for your personal use only. Any other use of materials on the site, including a reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution or reproduction, without the prior written consent of African Affair and the lawful trademark and/or copyright owner (if applicable) is strictly prohibited and constitutes an unlawful infringement of the intellectual property rights of African Affair and/or such trademark and/or copyright owner.
The prices displayed on this site are quoted in South African Rands:
(1) Retail site - inclusive of Value Added Taxation (‘VAT’)
(2) Wholesale Site – exclusive of Value Added Taxation (VAT)
are valid and effective only in South Africa.
Kindly note that the availability of stock can not be guaranteed. African Affair act as a distributor of imported goods and as such prices may fluctuate in accordance with the prevailling exchange rate at the time of placing our order.
Should we need to import stock to satisfy your order, we shall provide you with the price applicable at the time. If the price has increased, we shall afford you 2 (two) business days to accept or reject such rectified price.
Except where noted otherwise, the prices displayed on our website for our products represent the full retail list price of the product itself, including VAT.
On your consent to receive communications from us electronically, we will communicate with you by e-mail. We will also post notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
African Affair, and other African Affair graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks or trade dress of African Affair in South Africa. African Affair’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not African Affair’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers or in any manner that disparages or discredits African Affair. All other trademarks not owned by African Affair or its affiliates that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by African Affair or its affiliates.
license and site access
African Affair grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of African Affair. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this site or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of African Affair. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including Images, text, page layout, or form) of African Affair and our affiliates without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing African Affair’s name or trademarks without the express written consent of African Affair. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by African Affair. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of African Affair so long as the link does not portray African Affair, its affiliates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any African Affair logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission.
African Affair grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of your profile and the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. African Affair and its affiliates reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
risk of loss
Customers, who elect to collect from African Affair’s premises in Sedgefield, unconditionally agree and accept that the risk of loss and title for such items passes to you at the time of collection by you or your appointed agent. The risk of loss and title passes to you, the customer, upon delivery as evidenced by the signature of the person taking delivery, on our copy of the invoice.
cancellation / refund / return policy
1. Please choose products carefully
2. With the exception of products we imported on your request and order and/or products made/ordered to your specifications, you may choose to cancel this transaction within 7 (seven) days after the date of delivery of the product to you.
3. Should you elect to cancel the transaction, you must inform us immediately in writing and arrange for the return of the products.
4. Upon cancellation of the transaction within the 7 (seven) day period you will be liable to pay for the direct costs in returning the product to us.
5. If you made payment before delivery of the products, we shall refund you within 30 (thirty) days of date of cancellation, provided the product has been returned to us.
6. Kindly take note that you may not cancel or return products we imported or ordered in at your request and/or orders specially made to you specifications after we placed your order.
7. Should you cancel an order (excluding special order goods or goods imported at your request as set out in paragraph 6 above) before delivery of the product, we may impose a reasonable cancellation fee having regards to the nature of the order, the length of notice of cancellation before deliver, the reasonable potential to find alternative customers for the order and the reason for cancellation.
8. All products delivered by couriers must be opened and inspected in front of the couriers before you accept delivery. Any damage to the packaging and/or product must be noted on the waybill and signed by yourself and the courier.
9 All special order goods made to your specifications must be inspected before you accept delivery to ensure that the product complies with your requirements and that it conforms to the material specifications of your order.
10. Should products be found to be defective within 6 (six) months after delivery, you may choose between a refund , exchange or repair.
11. You will not be entitled to a refund where products have been partially or entirely disassembled, physically altered, permanently installed, affixed, attached, joined or added to other goods or property.
12. You may not be entitled to claim a refund or repair if the damages/defect was caused as a result of your misuse, abuse, gross neglect and/or failure to comply with assembly/maintenance instructions.
13. Kindly note that products must be returned in the original packaging. We may impose a 10 % handling fee on products returned.
All prices quoted on the website, exclude delivery.
The customer is responsible for the costs of and the collection of the products to arrange for the collection of the products, at our physical address, unless otherwise agreed.
Should you request us to arrange delivery on your behalf, it will be at your costs and at your risks in respect of the handling of goods and timeous delivery of goods, as soon as the goods are removed from our premises. You must arrange your own insurance in this regard. We shall inform you of any unavoidable delay in the delivery.
Prevailing South African law will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and African Affair or its affiliates.
site policies, modification and severability
Please review any other policies posted on this site. These policies also govern your visit to www.africanaffair.net. We reserve the right to make changes to our site, policies, and these Conditions of Use at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
For any further information please refer to the CONTACT US page of the website or call (044) 343 1008.
to remove yourself from our databases
If you would like to be removed from our list of registered users, or would like to be removed from any service or newsletter to which you have subscribed, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
African Affair will not share, sell, transfer or disclose your personal information with any other company or person without your consent.
intellectual property rights
You acknowledge that we own the intellectual property rights in and to this website and the data, and that the unauthorized use thereof is expressly prohibited. The word or mark "African Affair” however represented, including stylized representation, all associated logos and symbols and combinations of any of the foregoing with another word or mark, used on this site, are the trademarks of African Affair.
The colours of our products shown on this website may look different on your computer compared with the colour of the actual product. This is because different computers display colours differently depending on the type of computer screen (LCD, plasma, desktop, laptop etc.). For this reason it is strongly recommended that you visit our showroom to see the actual colour of the item or contact our sales team. African Affair cannot be held responsible for any mistakes in ordering items whose actual colour is different from that appearing on the website as viewed on your computer.
1. A customer may seek to resolve any dispute in respect of a transaction or agreement with a supplier by referring the matter to an alternative dispute resolution, agent who may be –
1.1. an ombud with jurisdiction, if the supplier is subject to the jurisdiction of any such ombud;
1.2. an industry ombud accredited in terms of Section 82(6), if the supplier is subject to the jurisdiction of any such ombud;
1.3. a person or entity providing conciliation, mediation or arbitration services to assist in the resolution of consumer disputes, other than an ombud with jurisdiction, or an accredited industry ombud; or
1.4. applying to the consumer court of the province with jurisdiction over the matter, if there is such a consumer court, subject to the law establishing or governing that consumer court.
2. If an alternative dispute resolution agent concludes that there that there is no reasonable probability f the parties resolving their dispute through the process provided for, the agent may terminate the process by notice to the parties, where after the party who referred the matter to the agent may file a complaint with the Commission in accordance with section 71.
3. If an alternative dispute resolution agent has resolved, or assisted parties in resolving their dispute, the agent may –
3.1. record the resolution of that dispute in the form of an order, and
3.2. if the parties to the dispute consent to that order, submit it to the Tribunal or the High Court to be made a consent order, in terms of its rules.
With the consent of a complainant, a consent order confirmed in terms of subsection (3)(b) include an award of damages to that complainant.
sales terms and conditions
The following Terms and Conditions regulate the customer order at Isigidi Trading 337 cc t/a African Affair (‘African Affair’).
1. Whilst African Affair will confirm at time of order quantities available, such confirmation whether verbally or in writing does not reserve stock. African Affair acts as a distributor in respect of imported goods which may have unavoidable delay on delivery as a consequence. Stock is only reserved on receipt of payment. African Affair does undertake to communicate any such shortfalls to the customer immediately after receipt of full payment of the Sales Order which may be due to delays in deliveries or delayed payments of sales orders. The customer will at all times be given the opportunity to place outstanding items on backorder, to replace with similar or other items or to request a refund.
2. Ownership of the goods will rest with African Affair until payment has been received in full. Payment of the full value of the order is required before African Affair will deliver or before we can authorize collection.
4. If after 7 days of receipt of a Sales Order from African Affair, the customer fails to make final payment, African Affair reserves the right to cancel the sales order and to inform you as customer of the cancellation.
5. Orders placed are irrevocable once payment has been made. In the event of African Affair agreeing to refund monies paid either prior to or post-delivery due to circumstances unrelated to product quality or lead times, and if African Affair agrees to accept return of any goods, the Customer will be liable for a 10% handling charge, calculated on the purchase price of those goods as well as all courier/delivery costs applicable. The onus of proof of return and proof of purchase rests with the customer at all times.
6. Sales and/or discounted items cannot be exchanged or returned.
7. Deliveries will be available from Monday to Friday.
8. For collection of goods from the African Affair warehouses, prior arrangement and acknowledgement is essential. Please note that no goods will be given to outside transporters unless African Affair has been paid in full for such goods. Proof of payment in full must be on hand for any goods to be released. In the event of outside contractors collecting on behalf of a customer, African Affair may in addition to proof of payment in full, contact the customer to confirm proceedings.
9. Payments made by EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) require a 48 hour period to clear funds and allocate them to the orders.
10. African Affair does not accept payment by cheque due to the high risk of fraud prevalent in South Africa.
ISIGIDI TRADING 337CC t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR
MEMBER: AL KORSTEN
Main Road (next to Classic Cars)