ISIGIDI TRADING 337 (Pty) Ltd t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR services, including (without limitation) our website and other interactive properties through which the services are delivered (collectively, the "Service") are owned, operated and distributed by ISIGIDI TRADING 337 (Pty) Ltd t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR (referred to in this Privacy Notice as "ISIGIDI TRADING 337 (Pty) Ltd t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR" or "we" and through similar words such as "us", "our", etc.).
What personal information do we collect about you?
Personal information (also commonly known as personally identifiable information (PII) or personal data) is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate.
The personal information that we collect directly from those registering for the Service, includes the following categories:
- Name and contact information (e.g. address; phone number; email; fax);
- Billing Information (e.g. credit card, bank account, billing contact information);
- Order Information (e.g. current order / purchase information, purchase history, shipping details);
- Company / Business information;
- Geographic of location information;
- Information contained in posts you make on the public forums and interactive features of the Service;
- Other information that may be exchanged in the course of engaging with the Service. You will be aware of any subsequently collected information because it will come directly from you.
Collection of User Generated Content
Why does ISIGIDI TRADING 337 (Pty) Ltd t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR collect your personal information?
- to administer the Service to you;
- to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with Invoices and/or Order confirmations).
- to respond to your requests;
- to distribute communications relevant to your use of the Service, such as system updates or information about your use of the Service;
- as may be necessary to support the operation of the Service, such as for billing, account maintenance, and record-keeping purposes;
- to send you ISIGIDI TRADING 337 (Pty) Ltd t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR solicitations, product announcements, and the like that we feel may be of interest to you. Please note that you may "opt out" or "unsubscribe" from receiving these marketing materials;
- to screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- in other manners after subsequent notice is provided to you and/or your consent is obtained, if necessary.
ISIGIDI TRADING 337 (Pty) Ltd t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR DOES NOT SELL, RE-SELL, OR DISTRIBUTE FOR RE-SALE ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
When we collect and use your personal information?
- when we provide services and products to clients and potential clients, when placing orders, completing application forms and request quotations.;
- To implement legal proceedings where necessary.;
- In order to deliver services to you, we make use of third parties. Your personal information will be shared with approved third parties relevant to the completion and fulfilment of our duties to render services to you, such as but not limited to, auditors / tax specialists, IT support and management of systems, servers, cloud services, marketing and social media agencies, legal advisors and debt collection.
Direct Marketing Communications
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out or unsubscribe by submitting a request through via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by using the UNSUBSCRIBE limk in any email communication you may have received.
Please note that you may continue to receive non-marketing communications as may be required to maintain your relationship with ISIGIDI TRADING 337 (Pty) Ltd t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR.
In addition to the communication described here, you may receive third-party marketing communications from providers we have engaged to market or promote our products and services. These third-party providers may be using communications lists they have acquired on their own, and you may have opted-in to those lists through other channels. If you no longer with to receive emails, SMSs, or other communications from such third parties, you may need to contact that third party directly.
Retention of Data
ISIGIDI TRADING 337 (Pty) Ltd t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Sites and/or Portals, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
You have the right to request the deletion of your data at any time via email at email@example.com to which we will provide a confirmation notice of deletion within 30 days.
Cookies, Device Data, and How it is Used
When you use our Service, we may record unique identifiers associated with your device (such as the device ID and IP address), your activity within the Service, and your network location. ISIGIDI TRADING 337 (Pty) Ltd t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR
uses aggregated information (such as anonymous user usage information, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream information, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Service and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user preferences and trends. Specifically, we may automatically collect the following information about your use of Service through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies:
- domain name;
- browser type and operating system;
- web pages you view;
- links you click;
- IP address;
- the length of time you visit the Sites, Portals, and/or Services;
- the referring URL or the webpage that led you to the Sites;
We may also collect information regarding application-level events, such as crashes, and associate that temporarily with your account to provide customer service. In some circumstances, we may combine this information with personal information collected from you (and third-party service providers may do so on behalf of us).
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing of your Personal Information with approved third parties
We may share your Personal Information with approved third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
For example, we use Bigcommerce to power our online store--you can read more about how Bigcommerce uses your Personal Information here: https://www.bigcommerce.com/privacy/.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
DISCLAIMER: ISIGIDI TRADING 337 (Pty) Ltd t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR cannot be held responsible for any actions by third parties in relation to your personal information and data. Any complaints in relation to any third party should please be communicated directly to the relevant third party.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
European Union Data Privacy Rights
If you are located in the EEA, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) grants you certain rights under the law. In particular, the right to access, correct, and delete the personal information we hold about you. ISIGIDI TRADING 337 (Pty) Ltd t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR will retain your personal information for the length of time you engage with our services as described in the retention section of this Notice, until you request deletion of such personal information.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update, or delete the personal information we have on you;
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your personal information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information;
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information;
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the personal information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format;
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
In order make a request regarding your personal information, please contact us via e-mail on enquiries@africanaffair,net, this may take 30 days to respond to your request and in some cases, we may require proof of identity.
If you have a comment, question, or complaint about how we are handling your personal information, we hope that you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to allow us to resolve the matter. In addition, if you are located in the EEA, you may submit a complaint regarding the processing of your personal information to the EU data protection authorities (each a “DPA”). The following link may assist you in finding the appropriate DPA: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
Legal Basis for Processing under GDPR
If you are located in the EEA, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described in this Notice depends on the personal information we collect and the specific context in which we collect it.
We may process personal information because:
- We need to perform a contract with you;
- You have given us consent to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interest to offer the Service, when that legitimate interest is not overridden by your rights;
- To comply with the law.
Where personal information is processed based on consent, EU residents have the right to withdraw such consent at any time. To do so, please contact us as described in this Notice. If there is a different legal basis that would permit us to continue processing your personal information after withdrawing consent, we will notify you of that legal basis at the time of your request.
South African Privacy Rights
If you are a South African resident, South Africa law may provide you with certain rights with regard to your personal information under the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”) and Promotion of Access to Information Act (“PAIA”).as well the Consumer Protection Act Throughout this Privacy Notice you will find information required by POPIA regarding the categories of personal information collected from you; the purposes for which we use personal information, and the categories of third parties your data may be shared with. This information is current as of the date of the Notice and is applicable in the 12 months preceding the effective date of the Notice.
As a South African resident, the POPIA and PAIA provide you the ability to make inquiries regarding to your personal information. Specifically, the degree to which the information is not already provided in this Privacy Notice, you have the right to request disclosure or action your personal information, including:
- If your personal information is collected by us.
- The specific pieces of personal information collected about you.
- The ability to correct or delete certain personal information collected about you.
- The ability to delete all the personal information collected about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- To opt-in or opt-out of direct marketing to you.
- To object to processing of your personal information, or
- Appeal any rejection of access to your personal information
You may submit a request regarding your rights under POPIA or PAIA by submitting a request through e-mailing email@example.com.
If we receive a POPIA request from you, we will first make a determination regarding the applicability of the law, and we will then take steps to verify your identity prior to responding. The steps to verify your identity may vary based on our relationship with you, but, at a minimum, it will take the form of confirming and matching the information submitted in the request with information already held by ISIGIDI TRADING 337 (Pty) Ltd t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR and/or contacting you through previously used channels to confirm that you submitted the request (i.e. confirming identity through contact information that we have on file, and/or the contact information submitted to make the request).
ISIGIDI TRADING 337 (Pty) Ltd t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR does not knowingly collect or process the special personal information such as your religious or philosophical beliefs, race or ethnic origins, trade union memberships, political persuasion, health or sex life, or your criminal behavior or biometric information.
If you have a comment, question, or complaint about how we are processing your personal information, we hope that you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to allow us to resolve the matter. In addition, if you are located in the Republic of South Africa, you may submit a complaint regarding the processing of your personal information to the Information Regulator at the following link: https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/contact.html.
Third Party Advertisers
Information Storage and Security
We employ industry-standard and/or generally accepted security measures designed to secure the integrity and confidentiality of all information submitted through the Service. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet or via a mobile device can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet or for changes to or losses of data.
Users of the Service are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of the Service. In order to protect you and your information, we may suspend your use of any of the Service, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected.
The Service may contain links to other websites maintained by third parties. Please be aware that we exercise no control over linked sites and ISIGIDI TRADING 337 (Pty) Ltd t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. Each linked site maintains its own independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures, and you are encouraged to view the privacy policies of these other sites before providing any personal information.
WhatsApp / Telegram and other Instant Messanger Groups
Should you elect to remain in a ISIGIDI TRADING 337 (Pty) Ltd t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR manages group, it will be accepted that you have consented to being a part of the group and to your personal information (being your cell phone number and name) being visible to any person in the relevant group. We implore on all group members not to make use of such personal information for whatsoever reason, without obtaining the consent of the relevant person. If you do not consent to being in a ISIGIDI TRADING 337 (Pty) Ltd t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR managed group please remove yourself from the relevant group or contact us at email@example.com. By remaining on the relevant group(s) it is accepted as consent.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that ISIGIDI TRADING 337 (Pty) Ltd t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR is not responsible for the privacy practices, data collection policies and procedures, or the content of such third-party sites, and you hereby release ISIGIDI TRADING 337 (Pty) Ltd t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR from any and all claims arising out of or related to the privacy practices, data collection policies and procedures, and/or the content of such third-party sites.
The Service is not intended for children under the age of 18, and ISIGIDI TRADING 337 (Pty) Ltd t/a AFRICAN AFFAIR does not knowingly collect the personal information of children under the age of 18.
Changes to this Privacy Notice