All prices quoted on the website, exclude delivery.
The customer is responsible for the costs of and the collection of the products to arrange for the collection of the products, at our physical address, unless otherwise agreed.
Should you request us to arrange delivery on your behalf, it will be at your costs and at your risks in respect of the handling of goods and timeous delivery of goods, as soon as the goods are removed from our premises. You must arrange your own insurance in this regard. We shall inform you of any unavoidable delay in the delivery.
Prevailing South African law will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and African Affair or its affiliates.
Site Policies, Modification and Sever Ability
Please review any other policies posted on this site. These policies also govern your visit to https://www.africanaffair.net. We reserve the right to make changes to our site, policies, and these Conditions of Use at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed sever able and shall not affect the validity and enforce ability of any remaining condition.
For any further information please refer to the CONTACT US page of the website or call (044) 343 1008.
To remove yourself from our databases
If you would like to be removed from our list of registered users, or would like to be removed from any service or newsletter to which you have subscribed, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
African Affair will not share, sell, transfer or disclose your personal information with any other company or person without your consent.
Intellectual property rights
You acknowledge that we own the intellectual property rights in and to this website and the data, and that the unauthorized use thereof is expressly prohibited. The word or mark "African Affair” however represented, including stylized representation, all associated logos and symbols and combinations of any of the foregoing with another word or mark, used on this site, are the trademarks of African Affair.
The colours of our products shown on this website may look different on your computer compared with the colour of the actual product. This is because different computers display colours differently depending on the type of computer screen (LCD, plasma, desktop, laptop etc.). For this reason it is strongly recommended that you visit our showroom to see the actual colour of the item or contact our sales team. African Affair cannot be held responsible for any mistakes in ordering items whose actual colour is different from that appearing on the website as viewed on your computer.
1. A customer may seek to resolve any dispute in respect of a transaction or agreement with a supplier by referring the matter to an alternative dispute resolution, agent who may be –
1.1. An ombud with jurisdiction, if the supplier is subject to the jurisdiction of any such ombud;
1.2. An industry ombud accredited in terms of Section 82(6), if the supplier is subject to the jurisdiction of any such ombud;
1.3. A person or entity providing conciliation, mediation or arbitration services to assist in the resolution of consumer disputes, other than an ombud with jurisdiction, or an accredited industry ombud; or
1.4. Applying to the consumer court of the province with jurisdiction over the matter, if there is such a consumer court, subject to the law establishing or governing that consumer court.
2. If an alternative dispute resolution agent concludes that there that there is no reasonable probability if the parties resolving their dispute through the process provided for, the agent may terminate the process by notice to the parties, where after the party who referred the matter to the agent may file a complaint with the Commission in accordance with section 71.
3. If an alternative dispute resolution agent has resolved, or assisted parties in resolving their dispute, the agent may –
3.1. Record the resolution of that dispute in the form of an order, and
3.2. If the parties to the dispute consent to that order, submit it to the Tribunal or the High Court to be made a consent order, in terms of its rules.
With the consent of a complainant, a consent order confirmed in terms of subsection (3)(b) include an award of damages to that complainant.
- Please choose products carefully.
- With the exception of products we imported on your request and order and/or products made/ordered to your specifications, you may choose to cancel this transaction within 7 (seven) days after the date of delivery of the product to you.
- Should you elect to cancel the transaction, you must inform us immediately in writing and arrange for the return of the products.
- Upon cancellation of the transaction within the 7 (seven) day period you will be liable to pay for the direct costs in returning the product to us.
- If you made payment before delivery of the products, we shall refund you within 30 (thirty) days of date of cancellation, provided the product has been returned to us.
- Kindly take note that you may not cancel or return products we imported or ordered in at your request and/or orders specially made to you specifications after we placed your order.
- Should you cancel an order (excluding special order goods or goods imported at your request as set out in paragraph 6 above) before delivery of the product, we may impose a reasonable cancellation fee having regards to the nature of the order, the length of notice of cancellation before deliver, the reasonable potential to find alternative customers for the order and the reason for cancellation.
- All products delivered by couriers must be opened and inspected in front of the couriers before you accept delivery. Any damage to the packaging and/or product must be noted on the waybill and signed by yourself and the courier.
- All special order goods made to your specifications must be inspected before you accept delivery to ensure that the product complies with your requirements and that it conforms to the material specifications of your order.
- Should products be found to be defective within 6 (six) months after delivery, you may choose between a refund, exchange or repair.
- You will not be entitled to a refund where products have been partially or entirely disassembled, physically altered, permanently installed, affixed, attached, joined or added to other goods or property.
- You may not be entitled to claim a refund or repair if the damages/defect was caused as a result of your misuse, abuse, gross neglect and/or failure to comply with assembly/maintenance instructions.
- Kindly note that products must be returned in the original packaging. We may impose a 10% handling fee on products returned.